Saturday, February 13, 2016

Dear Mom,

Tomorrows the day of love, you see
I wanted to give you flowers and cards
But I know that wont last
and it wont scream the feeling I've always feel inside
Maybe I'll make something for you
But when will I have the time to do?
You took that time away, said it is only for study
You have to be smart, even if you have to skin your knees
Otherwise you're useless; the world agrees
For who you are is no use to me 
Although it's meaningless
Maybe I'll write you a card like I did last time
You cherished it with all of your heart
But soon I found out that it was dumped
in the trash
I didn't cry though, Mom
Even now, I still remember
and when I do, I always laugh, so hard
Because who would've thought
That the poem I made when I was 11
On the valentine that I didn't think much of
Could resemble our relationship
now
and maybe tomorrow
or always

No comments:

Post a Comment